Thursday, March 11, 2010

teaching is the new currency for travel.

:)
i live vicariously thru travelettes.net


i saw this website: http://www.worldteach.org/index.html from Nick Kristof's column on a proposal for a "Teach for the World" program. Except for the fact that I think Teach for America sucks out your soul, I think it's a pretty sweet program.

I wish i'd been smart about things in college and really pursued the study of a language. Instead I stupidly dabbled in three and as a result, gained nothing in any.

I don't know why.
I used to be such a homebody.
but Wanderlust seems to be the new word in my head these days.

I think when my heart gets heavy and buys into the lie of "not being free" I try to remember Hebrews 11:13 and my modified Matthew 6:33 prayer(/passive threat) from the summer between freshman and sophomore year.

"Lord, heaven better be better than Spain." *


*this is MY blog; MY thoughts.. I don't NEED to put a disclaimer. but JUST in case: I'm not claiming that traveling isn't in line with seeking first His kingdom. Just for me, and my mindset, I need to be careful. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment