My (only?) faithful reader
and SOLE commenter.
anyways, in other news
here are some things that affirm why i need to go back to norcal
- hair extensions
- accessories like crazies (dress up a tshirt with a floofy neckerchief)
- speed limit is too high (i'm an old lady)
- no pedestrians
- no bikers
- .... um i just realized, i haven't seen a single black person here..... o_O
- beach is not close enough without a car
- BAD ASIAN DRIVERS!
- IT'S COLD! WHY IS IT COLD DOWN HERE?
- everything is just a little over-manicured
- fuzzy NPR
- fuzzy Country
- no fake sushi rolls :-(
- every sushi joint i've been to serves more tuna than salmon
- no good soup/salad bars
- EVERYONE USES PLASTIC BOTTLES
- UCI DOESN'T PROVIDE DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING!
- NO ONE RECYCLES
but i'll miss So Cal because some AWESOME people call it their home, yogurtland is yummy (but i think i'm weaning myself), Irvine actually has some awesome trails, AND it reminds me of Taiwan!!!!!
PS it also has an awesome spanish music channel.. no cheesy mariachi music, but some bonafide awesome spanish alternative rock / folk rock, yeah it rocks... ALSO i think the radio stations generally have LESS commercials than up in NorCal.
OH and i don't have to worry about getting mugged
Yesterday i was driving and i saw a yellow light. (oo Socal has LONG yellow lights).. i was far away, but i was like "oh it will be yellow forever".. so yeah, i ran a red. and then a block later, A POLICE CAR APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE .. and drove next to me, then in front of me, then took a left turn and left. *whew* I was seriously .. amazed.. i NEVER get that 'lucky.'