Thursday, April 29, 2010

i just got back from a wedding; so shoot me if i'm feeling a lil sentimental

"To you I shall say, as I have often said before, Do not be in a hurry, the right man will come at last; you will in the course of the next two or three years meet with somebody more generally unexceptionable than anyone you have yet known, who will love you as warmly as possible, and who will so completely attach you that you will feel you never really loved before."


- Jane Austen in a letter written on Feb. 20, 1816 to her cousin Fanny Knight 

Is this too idealistic?

After all, if Becoming Jane is accurate, Jane's love life wasn't too successful either.  (augh that movie made me cry)

Speaking of author biopics, who's excited to see Bright Star?  Hot DAWG I love Keates!  Intrigued by him ever since I found out in my Spring 08 Romantic Lit class that all the other romanticists looked down on him and likened his works to self-gratification (or the more lurid counterpart).  Poor Keates.  (although the actor who plays Keates is sort of a creepers... anyone seen Perfume?  yagh)

No comments:

Post a Comment