Thursday, April 29, 2010

epiphany

during parent teacher conferences, I realized I have a totally different approach if i assume that the parent loves their kid.

(well duh Junia, what else?)

Plenty!  They might be pushing their child to success, trying to get them to do what they couldn't, trying to form them into what they want the child to be, trying to get the child to the top of the class etc etc.,


But I realized, even if they ARE, they can do that and STILL love their child. 

There ARE select few parents who feel like their children are a nuisance or a duty that will take care of them in their old age... but who am I to judge?

but I do.

SO, I realized, if i assume that they love their child, more than their jobs, their time, etc (even though it may seem to me that they don't), I can empathize better, help them better, and help their child more.

I love to be a parent's champion to their kids.  I wish I were reminded that my mom and dad loves me when I was young(er) and stupid(er).

No comments:

Post a Comment