Thursday, December 17, 2009

william carlos williams

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold


**
i like this poem now.
i still don't really get it.
i still like it.

i remember freshman year my teacher Ms. Sarles made us read this poem and I thought it was so stupid (I also thought she was so stupid... my reasons being she described "Happiness" as "being happy" [which i'm not sure if this memory is true or made up] and she said "ironical" which I used to think wasn't a word. ... it is. and happiness as "being happy" seems perfectly reasonable to me now.. plus i notice that i sometimes adopt her ditzy way of talking at times. i guess it comes with the age. looking back it was her first year teaching and i DO use things that she taught. sorry Ms. Sarles for being mean and bad and calling you a racist.) ... -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment