Friday, December 4, 2009

Find out what it means to me!

So, I had a classroom observation session and my dean didn't say much except that it was fine.. that he wasn't quite sure. sort of how it seems disorganized (not his words; mine) and he's not sure if the kids respect me. Or he was sort of hemming and hawing between the fact that they like me but aren't afraid of me, which is good, but not sure if they respect me... perhaps he'd have to come back and reserve.

Anyway i told him this is my first year teaching and I'd be open to feedback, just b/c i know on his part it must be awkward to criticize a fiery teacher.

Funny thing is that today my kids were better behaved.

Anyway, the FUNNY thing is that what irks me is how he mentioned that the kids might not respect me. I think that sort of rankles.

Pros were he could tell I knew what I was talking about, he was glad I was using certain terms with the children..

i mean there wasn't anything bad that he said; except that maybe the kids didn't respect me.. and that really does sort of sting because out of ANYTHING that's what I want/expect from the kids...

but you know what?

I like the way my reading classroom is relaxed. I like the camaraderie I have with them.
And maybe if that doesn't look like respect, unless it gets so that kids are saying "Hey you" to me and not thanking me or raising their hands... I think I'm okay with that.


wow.

i did find out what it means to me. hahah. r e s p e c t.

No comments:

Post a Comment