Monday, October 26, 2009

Sample of Actual Emails I receive as a teacher


I don't know; maybe it's this new generation or the Taiwan culture, but whatever happened to coming to school on time or simple cutting and accepting your fate as a truant?

Nowadays the parents call in and say things like "my child needs a rest today."  How is that an excuse?  Now because your kid is "sleeping in" or "coming later," I have to take my precious time to e-mail your kid their homework and hope they complete it on time?

I'm required to accept late homework and "show grace?"

What gives?!


*shrug*

At least that's how I'd feel if those kids were in my class.  Thank goodness for later classes and relatively on-time/non-class-missing 7th and 8th graders.



(btw: actual date: 10/26/09 at 10:13am.  time difference)

No comments:

Post a Comment