Tuesday, May 3, 2011

random answered prayers about church

Or stuff that I didn't even pray about that happened!

* babies.
I remember at EBCB freshman year, I was really disappointed because there were only 2 babies, Elijah and Sammy, and both babies were shy.  Now, there's like a gazillion.  and ALL of them LOVE me the MOST!  (or they will...>:])

*youth group
Ditto above.  Except they don't know me, and I'm not a part of it (yet).  But I'm excited.... it's exciting.  When I came to EBCB, we started EAT in order to try to reach kids that way and start a youth group.  But the youth group just sort of started with other kids.. and that's just cool.

*local mercy ministries
In the beginning of this year, PJ told us that he wants our church to engage in more local, compassion work (ie expand on what we have currently).  That just sounds super cool (since I'm not sure how it will practically be worked out), and it's an answered prayer!

*a bosom friend
This prayer/desire was answered differently.  I think I spent the first 20 years of my life looking for my own Diana Barry.  I think over the years, God taught me people come and go, and that He's created me to be able to continue to keep in touch and keep up my relationships.... I think learning that, and learning that not everyone was "like me" helped resolve a lot of hurt and has resulted in a lot of new, sweet companions.

*connection with my pastors
You know that your relationship with your pastor's not great when after your first sermon, you never wanted to come back.  (To be fair, my first sermon at EBCB was on celibacy (1 Corinthians 7), the bus had broken down so I had to sit on this plastic non-seat in Sara (then Oh, now) Kwun's car, and EBCB had uncomfortable pews!).  Then afterwards, if you inform the pastor that you "don't agree with most of what he has to say but you like the people"....  oh golly.

Anyway, long story short, I love PJ, his family, his integrity, his teaching, his leadership. wahoo.

*older people
I think the median and mode of ages at EBCB my freshman year was .. like 22.  Now, it's definitely older, more diverse...  i loooooove that.  I *really* didn't want to go to a "Korean" church.  I think around my junior year, we hit the milestone of "maybe there's more Chinese people than Koreans!" and now, it's just a mixup  (although it's still heavily Asian. but now I love Asia too. so that's great!)

*lunches
Okay, this was not a prayer request EVER. but seriously, our lunches are getting so much better. hahahha.  (I mean, i came from this larger Korean church that served hefty gomtangs and bibimbaps for lunch...that I always got for free (usually $2) since I always knew the parents manning the $. hah)  And please (with all due respect), I know some people like it, but can we please phase out that white rice+cheese+broccoli+chicken dish FOREVER?  It's so random that even when it's fully cooked and warm with tapatio, my brain gets very confused.   :-D


Okay wow, the end.
(I originally intended to only write about babies and local compassion ministries...)

No comments:

Post a Comment